Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weird Fish in San Francisco

I just got home from my NorCal trip, and will put several postings of the amazing vegan eats I had along the way. Post number one is a tasty hole in the wall called Weird Fish. It's quite small and easy to miss, but if you're craving vegan "fish" 'n chips, this is your place. I opted for the sampler, which included both a seitan and tofu fillet covered in a gluten-free batter with three different dipping sauces. They also threw in a few fried zucchini sticks on the side, and a large portion of french fries. I'm not used to eating that much fried food these days, but this meal was surprisingly fine on my stomach. I didn't get that heavy, greasy feeling that I normally associate with an entirely fried meal. Extra points.

2 comments:

liz said...

Wow ! We'll have to try this place when we're in SF. Geoff and I went to a place in Seattle that had fish and chips as well. They were gooood and not too greasy either.

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! More reasons to go to SF...I've never been, but pics like this get me salivating!